|Home||Our Family||Achievements||Pictures||News & Events||Our Philosophy|
Philosophy of Murali Chemuturi .
These questions plagued me many times. Answers that were found were not satisfactory. I came across philosopher Ramana Maharshi's question Find out who you are intrigued me. So also was the statement of Osho Rajneesh Realize what you are doing before you do it.
These statements set me off thinking. Over a period of time, I came to think these conclusions right or wrong these are my conclusions and I don't expect any one to agree with these but if some one agrees, it gratifies me!!!
I do not have choice over certain aspects of my life my parents, my siblings, my other relatives, my physical appearance and strength, my mental capabilities, my childhood environment and upbringing, my teachers in school and college, my bosses and subordinates, to name some.
Some roles are thrust on me I have no choice again here!!
1) As a branch of my family tree (from the first person to me) if I produce offspring and a leaf if I do not
2) Son to my father and mother their expectations are different
3) Grand Son to my grand parents (all the four died before I was born)
4) Grand Father to my Grand Children (Future role)
5) Son-In-Law to my in-laws (Father-in-Law died before my marriage)
6) Father-in-Law to my Daughters-in-Law (future role)
7) Younger brother to my elder sister and elder brother to my younger sisters again their expectations are different!!
8) Younger brother to my elder brother and elder to my younger brother again their expectations are different!!
9) Brother-in-Law to my sisters' husbands
10) Brother-in-Law to my wife's brothers
11) Brother-in-Law to my brothers' wives
12) Brother-in-Law to my wife's sisters
13) Co-Son-in-Law to my co-sons-in-law
14) Nephew to my uncles and aunts
15) Uncle to my nephews and nieces
16) Father to my Sons
17) Follower of my religion
18) A student to my teachers
19) Teacher to my students (I conducted a number of training programs and taught part time)
20) Junior to my seniors and senior to my junior students
21) Subordinate to my superiors
22) Superior to my subordinates
23) Employee to the organization where I worked
24) Employer to my employees
25) Customer to some
26) Vendor to some
27) Tax Payer to various governments
28) Citizen wherever I am
29) Neighbor to my neighbors
30) Friend to my friends (I have a few)
31) Acquaintance to my acquaintances (I have many)
32) Enemy to my enemies (I do have some!!)
33) God / Devil to favor-seekers (depends on whether I fulfill their expectations)
34) Pest to those to whom I look up for favors
35) Sucker to fund-raisers
36) Road user while on the road either as a pedestrian or vehicle rider
37) Pedestrian to a driver
38) Driver to a pedestrian
39) Spectator while watching a movie or a performance
40) Performer while performing for public viewing (I put up some performances too!!)
41) Role Model to some at least my children and grand children (Hopefully!!)
Did I miss any role?
I am expected to execute these roles to the best of my ability and if I do not possess the ability, can I hide behind the excuse that I am not able so long as I am able to acquire those abilities? I think, that I ought to acquire those abilities to perform those roles well.
Is this my role in life is this why I was brought into this world? I am not sure but suspicious that this is.
I now think that I defined who I am in this life and my targets seem to be clear perform those roles as they should be performed. Each role has obligations (expectations of others concerned) as also, rights. My view is that one needs to fulfill his obligations fully, even if, the rights are not fully received. I have seen some (to my good fortune) who do so and I have seen many (to my misfortune) who insist on their rights but escape obligations. After attaining some insights into these aspects (that is from my 35 th year of age) I am trying to not insist on my rights and insist on fulfilling my obligations. I think that this is the purpose of my life. Looking at my past, I must admit that I could have done better.
Now these questions are still not answered
· Where from did I come?
· Where do I go from here?
· How is my performance so far?
I will have to keep looking for answers.